Bands | Emby Alexander
- Michael Alexander (Voice)
- Kyle Grabski (Bass)
- Mandi Kimes (Keyboard and voice)
- Austin Harshman (Guitar and voice)
- Max Weidle (Percussion)
- Tim Arimborgo (Auxilliary and Voice)
Eric Kasper, childhood, dreaming, philosophy, film, and human relationship
Emby Alexander combines music, film, dance, and art. Haunting, beautiful, and intelligent. Experimental Pop Art.
- Drag the Long Way Home (2012)
Emby Alexander - Drag the Long Way Home
Emby Alexander - Lay Your Wet Hair Down
Interview with Emby Alexander
1. How did the band begin?
Emby Alexander began as a collective foresight of an art project that aims its energies at the manipulation of media, influencing the audience and all of their senses.
2. How would you define the sound of the band?
Experimenting with the expectations of modern music, Emby Alexander gives a sense of familiarity while pushing the ideals of pop music and art.
3. Talk us about your last work.
“Drag the Long Way Home” is an experimental pop track with danceable bass line, sampled, hard-hitting drums, and intelligently crafted dark lyrics describing a character that rides a bicycle past their ex’s house.
4. How are your concerts? What can we find there that we wont find on your studio records?
All live performances are unique and exclusive to that moment; you must be present to truly experience it. 8mm film is projected behind and onto the band. The films are collected from those we’ve discovered in abandoned warehouses and attics and old antique stores.
5. What do you think about the music industry and what do you think is your place within it?
I don’t know much about it. I think we’re a part of it because people buy our records.
Check Envy Alexander Facebook page for events
- Emby Alexander on Bandcamp
- Emby Alexander on Facebook
- Emby Alexander on Twitter
- Emby Alexander on YouTube
For any question contact Emby Alexander
All submmited material copyright Emby Alexander