Jungle Indie Rock is an Independent music blog specialized in new and emerging bands. Featuring general indie music and under the radar bands since 2010. Articles, daily blog, videos, playlists, and above all, the promotion of new bands in a friendly context. Jungle Indie Rock is based in Spain+UK, having collaborators in USA and Australia. In May 2015, Jungle Indie Rock has founded a music charity to support new talents, The Jungle Project
If you want to support our work, please follow us. Thank you!
Mar - Co-Founder, Spain
Collaboration: Editor-in-chief. Tumblr, Jungle Spain, Bands, The Jungle Project.
About: Zoologist and music lover. Mar started in music at age 12, learning piano and music theory. In 2010, she co-founded a music site with a couple of friends. That music site is now Jungle Indie Rock, and the music charity, The Jungle Project.
John - Co-Founder, England
Collaboration: CEO. Tumblr, The Time Machine, Bands, The Jungle Project.
About: Rebjukebox (John) is a punk and extreme bands lover. Collaborating and advicing to many music sites for years, Rebjulebox has been a pioneer of music blogs at Tumblr. He is the co-founder of Jungle Indie Rock, and the man behind our site's culture.
Berni - Producer, Spain
Collaboration: The Jungle Session, The Jungle Project.
About: Bernardo Calvo "Berni", is a producer and audio engineer from Madrid. Owner of the recording studio, Studio B, Berni has recorded/produced the music of many
artists of the Spanish indie scene, as Virginia Labuat, Juventud Juché, Cosmen Adelaida, Tigres Leones,..
Posts: You can read Berni's articles here
David - Collaborator, Spain
Collaboration: Jungle Spain.
About: A live music lover. We met David at all the interesting gigs in Madrid. Always supporting live music and small venues, David is covering new and under the
radar bands for Jungle Spain, listening new works, attending rare gigs and writing about his discoveries.
Posts: You can read Davis's blog posts here
Molly - Collaborator, USA
Collaboration: Editor. Concert reviews.
About: Molly is our US collaborator and the person in charge of the big bands, venues and festivals. With a very charming and fresh style, Molly is our eyes in the crowd, bringing you the exact perspective of a music fan.
Posts: You can read Molly's articles here
Jaime - Collaborator, Spain
Collaboration: Indiepedia, The Jungle Project.
About: Former Fundéu collabobrator, Jaime is developing a new project for Jungle Indie Rock, "Indiepedia". Studing different terms of the music industry and their translation into Spanish, Indiepedia will be a useful tool for music writers and bloggers.
Posts: You can read Jaime's articles here
- Ash (Next Tone, Australia)
- Matt (That Song You Wish You Found, USA)
- Roger (91.1 WDUB, USA)
Jordan Ellis (Jordan
Thomas (Noised, France)
- Dao (Mi Rollo es el Indie, Spain)
- daKradha (That Unknown Austrian Guy, Austria)
- Nick H (Late Arrivals Club, England)
- Clara Debalia (Stars Are Shining Bright, France)
Upsidedown81 (Upsidedown81, Spain)
- DIF1960 (Nick, Sweden)
- Tumblr: Jungle Indie Rock is one of the official Music Tag Editors for Tumblr. The list of music editors includes important magazines like Pitchfork, NME, Billboard, The Guardian, Rolling Stone, Filter, etc. Our blog is featured in the music section of Tumblr, where you will find a part of those music tag editors.
- Fresh On the Net: Mar was part of Fresh On The Net, Tom Robinson's blog (BBC 6 Music).
- Nos Gusta La Música: Mar collaborated at the Spanish webzine Nos Gusta La Música.
Head and logo credits
Monsteck Variketch, The Invasion by João Filipe Cunha: Our head and logotype was created by João Filipe Cunha. Following copyright instructions, we are giving a list of the alterations below:
- Head: Buildings replaced by a black backgroung.
- Logotype: Background replaced by black colour. Resolution improved.
- Logotypes on Playlists or Soundcloud: Background replaced by black colour, Monsteck family coloured. Resolution improved.
- Individual logotypes: Individual vectors over black background. Resolution improved.
- Kapastech: We added a base on the individual vector logotype over black background, to compensate its weigh to the right.
- A new moster added: Mollyteck was added to complete our staff members, based on the original style of the designer. The monster family is called the Monsteck Variketch Family. Their names, from left to right are: Vermistech, Vaitistech, Bilistech, Piriastitech and Kapastech. Mollyteck is the last one we added as individual logotype.